Have you ever made a goal for yourself that you wanted to reach? Maybe you wanted to run a 5k or you made a goal to stick to a budget to save for a vacation. You mostly likely have made a goal either for your finances, personal life, or for your health. Have you ever tried making a hearing goal?
Hearing goals are designed for hearing aid wearers to determine how well their hearing aids help them hear in different listening situations. Whether you are new to wearing hearing aids, or you want to improve your hearing health, a hearing goal can help you.
You can create your own personalized hearing goals that fit into your own unique lifestyle. Below are 5 hearing goals that you can try and will help you get started!
- Talk on the phone: Phone conversations can be tricky if you have hearing loss. Hearing aids will greatly increase the clarity for you when speaking on the phone, and if you have Bluetooth hearing aids it will make conversations clearer than ever! If you have any young children or grandchildren, try having a conversation with them over the phone.
- Visit a store: Sounds in a store get muffled due to background noise or poor acoustics. First, try to visit a small, quiet shop. Then you can try visiting a larger store or a mall to get used to hearing in busier environments.
- Go to a restaurant: Restaurant’s can be an intimidating environment for those with hearing loss. With constant background noise it can make it difficult to follow the conversation. Try wearing your hearing aids to visit a restaurant and see the difference they can make!
- Listen to music: Listen to your favorite music, whether it is at home or at a live concert. See if you can hear all of the words in a song and catch the melodies.
- Practice active listening: Sometimes we can get caught up in our day-to-day lives and we don’t take time to actively listen to the things around us. Take a moment to stop and listen to the things around you. See what kind of sounds you can hear.
Call Us If You Need Help
Setting realistic and attainable hearing goals are a great way to test your hearing out and see how many environments you can hear in. Whether you are a new hearing aid wearer or you have been using hearing aids for some time, we are here to help you. Call us today if you need a hearing aid check-up or if you are looking for a different pair of hearing aids. We would be happy to help you.